Polk County Public School’s 5th Grade Tours
We are excited about the upcoming school year and are looking forward to seeing your students during their fifth grade tour!
The tour plan is as follows:
- A 90-minute, docent-led tour consisting of:
– The Taxdal Pre-Columbian Gallery.
– The two main galleries.
- Material World and What the World Eats exhibit.
- A maximum of fifty 5th-grade students at a time will visit the Museum each day. Please schedule as many days as your school needs to accommodate all your 5th grade classes.
- The students will be split into two groups; keeping each individual class together.
- (Recommended) If the use of worksheets during the tour is desired, the schools are responsible for printing the 5 page Gallery Guide (below) and bringing them to the Museum for their students. (The Museum will provide pencils and clipboards.) Otherwise, the guided tours encourage observation, interpretation and conversation between the students and the artwork.
If for any reason, a school needs to cancel a tour, please notify the Museum as soon as possible to eliminate unnecessarily calling in our volunteer docents. 863-688-5423
Before Your Tour:
Utilize Pre-tour Teaching Materials
Print for Tour (Recommended)
Contact Ellen Chastain at EChastain@PolkMuseumofArt.org or 863.688.7743 ext. 227