Summer Art Camp 2018
Two weeks of all-day fun for $285/$345!
Two weeks of partial days starting at $95
"Around the World in 40 Days"
This summer, we are taking an adventure "Around the World"! Each session will have its own continent(s), creating 40 days of fun filled exploration for happy campers to serious artists! Give your child a FUN, CREATIVE and OPEN atmosphere to develop their love and appreciation for the arts.
Themed art activities from cultures around the world and special guest performances and interactions with:
- Didgeridoo Down Under
- Kuumba Dancers and Drummers
- Hope Equine Rescue
- Sifu Och's Lion Dance
All classes are taught by Certified Art Teachers and/or Art Professionals who undergo a background check as required in the Jessica Lunsford Act.
Live closer to Winter Haven? We have a camp there too!
Summer Camp Class Descriptions
All summer camp classes explore artistic interests through creativity, medium, technique, interpretation and reflection.
- Crafts - Dabble in the decorative arts, including: pottery, metal work, weaving, paper, and more.
- Create-A-Skate - Create and design your own one-of-a-kind functional skateboard deck. (+ $20 material fee)
- Digital Painting - Learn the skills and techniques needed to paint digitally using an iPad (iPad provided by the Museum).
- Digital Photography - Capture and manipulate your own stunning photos using an iPad (iPad provided by the Museum).
- Drawing - Explore one of the major forms of creative expression using a variety of drawing mediums: pencil, colored pencil, pastel, charcoal, etc.
- Illustration - Learn to design images intended for integration in media such as posters, flyers, magazines, books, comics, etc.
- Jewelry Making - Create your own jewelry to wear: clay, glass fusing, beading, wire wrapping, etc.
- Mixed Media - Create art where more than one medium is being used, combining traditional and non-traditional media.
- Painting - Explore one of the major forms of creative expression through a variety of paint mediums; tempera, watercolor, acrylic, etc.
- Performance - Work as a team to put on a play, to dress the part, and perform in front of family and friends.
- Printmaking - Explore the processes of making artwork by printing. Use of a variety of printing techniques including relief printing, mono-printing, stenciling, screen printing, and more.
- Sculpture - Learn to create three-dimensional artwork using clay, papier-mâché, found objects, plaster, and other materials.
- Street Art - Explore the history, meaning, mediums, and processes used to create artwork outside traditional art venues: Painting, stenciling, poster art, sticker art, street installation, etc.
Summer Camp Session Dates (2018)
Session #1 (Australia): June 4 to 15
Session #2 (Africa): June 18 to 29
Session #3 (North/South America): July 2 to 13 (no classes Wedensday, July 4th)
Session #4 (Europe/Asia): July 16 to 27
Choose a session(s). Choose one class per time slot for the session your child wants to attend camp.
Each class is two hours long and runs the entire two-week session (Monday to Friday). A full day (9am to 4pm) requires choosing one class for each time slot during the desired session, three classes total.
Summer Camp Ages
7 to 13 years old
Summer Camp tuition (per student)
Save money by purchasing a $60 Household Membership today, and enjoy all the other benefits year-round. (Purchase with class registration to save instantly.)
Summer Camp - All Day (THREE CLASSES) for two weeks:
$285 for Museum Members, $345 Non-Members
- 9am to 4pm
- Two-week sessions
- Choice of three classes (One per time slot) - See Class Schedule
- Students bring lunch. Snack for snack time is included.
- All materials
Summer Camp - Partial Day (TWO CLASSES) for two weeks:
$190 for Museum Members, $230 Non-Members
- 9am to 1:30pm or 11:30 to 4pm
- Two-week session
- Choice of two classes (One per time slot selected) - See Class Schedule
- 9am to 1:30pm (students bring lunch)
- 11:30 to 4pm (includes snack for snack time)
- All materials
Summer Camp - Partial Day (ONE CLASS) for two weeks:
$95 for Museum Members, $115 Non-Members
- 9am to 11am or 11:30am to 1:30pm or 2pm to 4pm
- Two-week session
- Choice of one class for your time slot selected - See Class Schedule
- All materials
NOTE: The Museum does not allow registration for half of a session. All classes are based on a two-week curriculum. Class projects span the duration of the two-week time period.
Before/After Summer Camp Care (optional)
$100 per student/per session - Fee is in addition to full day tuition fee (3 classes). Drop off 8 to 9am and pick up 4 to 5pm. No partial payments.
Summer Camp Late Registration
Any registration submitted after a session deadline incur an additional $35 fee.
Session #1: June 4 to 15 - Registration Deadline: May 27
Session #2: June 18 to 29 - Registration Deadline: June 10
Session #3: July 2 to 13 - Registration Deadline: June 24
Session #4: July 16 to 27 - Registration Deadline: July 8
Summer Camp Refunds
Refunds will be made in full up to seven days prior to the class starting date. No refund will be given after the seven-day period.
Summer Camp Class Materials
Basic materials (including use of iPads) are provided unless otherwise noted.
Summer Camp Scholarships
A limited number of need-based scholarships for Summer Art Camp are available to those with a love for the arts.
Complete the application form below. Application deadline: May 6.
Questions/Register by Phone
Call 863-688-5423 or email EChastain@PolkMuseumofArt.org.