Due to Hurricane Irma, the Polk Museum of Art will be closed beginning Friday, Sept. 8 and remain so until further notice.
Museum staff are working Thursday and Friday to secure the building by removing art from the galleries and securing it in a safe storage location.
The museum has rescheduled several events to the following dates:
- Art Lab originally scheduled Sept. 9 is rescheduled to Sept. 16 at 10:30 a.m.
- VSA Student Reception originally scheduled Sept. 9 is rescheduled to Sept. 16 at 11 a.m.
- Point of View Gallery Talk with Dr. Alex Rich originally scheduled Sept. 8 is rescheduled to Sept. 22, noon-1 p.m.
- Access Art: Special Needs scheduled Sept. 9 is canceled. It will resume on Oct. 7 at 11 a.m.
Additional changes occurring during the week of Sept. 10 are as follows:
- School tours are canceled all week.
- Programs and meetings scheduled Sept. 11-13 will be rescheduled.
- Additional programmatic determinations will be made after the storm passes.